Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Age is just a number

Hi everyone!
I'm sorry I've been MIA - there really is little excuse this time. A few fun things have happened since the last post!

First, I did go to Yosemite National Park in California but my camera has died. Luckily, my brother, Jon took a few pictures!




 Beautiful, isn't it? Unfortunately, we didn't get to eat as fresh of foods as I had hoped for - so just a hint if you visit Yosemite, bring your own cooler and basket of food! However, my family did enjoy a bit of exercise.

My mom definitely was the leader of the pack for getting us hiking daily. She even had us hike in the rain to the waterfalls. It was so cold that when we got back (soaking wet!) to the cabin, the rain turned to snow! Not the best idea for a South Floridian!

I think we may have picked a bad week to visit, as it did rain most of the time. But, as you can see from the pictures above, we did get a couple day of beautiful weather! While my parents took a horseback ride up the mountain, Jon and I rented bikes and went around the whole park. We stopped at a couple of places to hike, although I must say we weren't prepared for the steep incline on our second stop. Thank goodness we had plenty of water and trail mix (protein and carbohydrates!) to help us along the way! What can I say? We're Floridians! But guess who beat the two of us? My parents made it all the way up to the top! Age REALLY is just a number!

I'll write more about getting active next time (I promise!).


On a more professional note, the Cancer Center at my job has now opened! I am now the official dietitian of said cancer center. It's been so far exciting, challenging, and rewarding, and I don't expect it to ever change. The issues, symptoms, and side-effects experienced by my patients make obtaining a goal of a nutritious lifestyle (and therefore, better quality of life... that's right! Complete and good nutrition provides us with energy and strength.) a little more challenging - but not impossible! They inspire me to constantly reach for my goals despite all the road blocks.

And take a look at the cute little things!



I ordered these off VistaPrint. They're personalized stationary for my patients (and they even have the blog's logo).


I'll write another entry very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profile? Just select Name/URL under Select profile below and type your name.