Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hello!


Welcome everyone! My name is Mariel and I am a registered dietitian. I have a passion for the field of nutrition. I believe food is medicine for both the soul and the body. Oh, and I LOVE food! I love to try new foods and dishes and am working to become a better cook.

There is so much included in the field of dietetics, including wellness, medical nutrition therapy, and food service. My passion is wellness, and prevention and resolution of chronic diseases, but I am going to start a new job as a clinical dietitian working mainly with cancer patients. I've previously worked outpatient care with mothers and children.

I want to share my knowledge of nutrition and new things I learn daily with all of you. I also encourage coupling smart lifestyle choices with healthy eating. I’ll admit I don’t always look forward to exercising and eating healthy foods, but they always do wonders for my health and my mood.

I hope you enjoy my blog! I’d love to hear from all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profile? Just select Name/URL under Select profile below and type your name.