Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December!

Hi guys! I'm so sorry I've been MIA as of late. I've had quite a bit on my plate between the start of the holidays and the new job. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I did. I was able to spend it with my family and got to see many faces I haven't seen in months. Not to mention the food was wonderful!

Tita's Honey Baked Ham creation

I tried to plan for a healthy Thanksgiving this year by packing on the vegetables, followed by a reminiscing walk around the neighborhood with my cousin. I've also set a goal for myself. Since beginning my research into oncological nutrition, I stumbled on a book written by a dietitian who is also a 3-time cancer survivor. The book is called A Dietitian's Cancer Story by Diana Dyer, MS, RD. After her third diagnosis, she decided she needed to change her diet and lifestyle to reduce her odds of being diagnosed a fourth time. One of the things she encourages is eating five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables. Both fruits and vegetables have incredible cancer-fighting chemicals. Therefore, I've been trying to slowly increase my fruit/veggie intake to 9 servings daily.

Here's a confession: Prior to the book, I wasn't even eating 5 servings a day. It's now fun finding ways to add that extra serving into my day. Anyways, to help me get up to 9 servings daily, and because we're getting into the Holidays, I'm going to do a 12 days of Fruits and Vegetables!

So next post, we'll start with (a partridge in a) PEAR (tree)!


                                                                                                       
Hey guys! Just a quick update. I realized that a lot of people were having a hard time commenting. I've enabled the comments so you don't have to create a profile. Just select the "Name/URL" option and type your name. So sorry about that!

1 comment:

  1. Great info , nice easy reading, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

No profile? Just select Name/URL under Select profile below and type your name.